Top 5 Reasons For Resigning
Although our focus is on finding the ideal role, understanding exactly why many career decisions end in a 'resignation' rather than 'retirement' is interesting:
- The Manager. The reasons may vary, they do have a common thread, poor leadership and an inability to mentor and develop.
- Salary & Benefits. Yes, you need might be attracted by a competitive salary and professional working environment. Surprising to most however is how far this is down the list as a reason for resigning.
- Other Employees. You know what they say about "one bad apple..." Hiring one wrong person can bring down a cohesive team faster than hiring 5 great staff. After all we, spend more time with our colleagues than we do our husbands, wives or children!
- Bored & Unchallenged Employees want to enjoy their job and continually learning. Afterall, full time employees spend around half their life working, getting ready for work and transporting themselves to work.
- Bad Fit. Whether it is the Y Generation convinced the company doesn't deserve them or an employer abandoning any effort to be an 'employer of choice' something just doesn't feel right with the job.
Sources (Updated June 2019):